Terms and Conditions
- 1.1 This shopping site at www.cylinderheads.co.nz, (the “Site”) is a shopping website where you can browse, select and order products from Kiwi Cylinder Heads Limited
- 1.2 Your access to and use of the Site, including your order of Products through the Site, is governed by these terms and conditions.
- 2.1 If you register an account with us, you may not have more than one active account, and your account is non-transferable. You may update, edit or terminate your account at any time through the Site.
- 3.1 You agree to be bound by, and comply with, these terms and conditions as a direct result of registering on the site.
- 3.2 You agree to comply with all relevant laws relating to your use of the Site and your placement of any order through the Site.
4. Placing an order for products
- 4.1 You may order Products by selecting and submitting your order through the Site in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- 4.2 Any order placed through this Site for a Product is an offer by you to purchase the particular Product for the price notified (including the delivery and other charges and taxes) at the time you place the order.
- 4.3 We may ask you to provide additional details or require you to confirm your details to enable us to process any orders placed through the Site.
- 4.4 You agree to provide us with current, complete and accurate details when asked to do so by the Site.
5. Acceptance or rejection of an order
- 5.1 In certain circumstances, we may need to reject your order. This may happen where the requested Product is not available or if there is an error in the price or the product description posted on the Site.
- 5.2 Each order placed for Products through the Site that we accept results in a separate binding agreement between you and us for the supply of those Products. For each order accepted by us, we will: supply the Products in that order to you in accordance with these terms and conditions; and provide you with an email confirmation of that order.
- 5.3 If we reject an order placed through the Site, then we will endeavour to notify you of that rejection at the time you place the order or within a reasonable time after you submit your order.
6. Back orders
- 6.1 If we determine that we do not have a particular Product in your order in stock, then we will use reasonable endeavours for 30 days to order the relevant Product (“Back Ordered Products”). In this instance, we will notify you of the relevant Back Ordered Products and the anticipated delivery date.
- 6.2 If you do not wish to wait for the back ordered product and instead cancel the order please ring us on 0800 549 429. We will refund any money you have paid for the product.
- 6.3 If we are not able to procure the product within 30 days we will contact you and let you know the options which could include a refund or if we are able to source the product at a different price, give you the option of purchasing at the different price.
7. Delivery of products
- 7.1 We will only deliver Products ordered through the Site to a location where we provide delivery services.
- 7.2 You may obtain further information on the Site about our delivery timeframes and how we deliver certain Products. The Delivery Fee for your order depends on the type of Product you order (in particular, the size and weight of the Product).
- 7.3 You agree to comply with certain delivery requirements specified below and such other requirements that we notify you when you place your order through the Site.
- 7.4 We also recommend that you be present to accept the delivery of your order if you have paid by credit card.
- 7.5 We may require the person accepting the delivery of your order to: provide us with proof of that person’s identity (including photographic identification) and, where relevant, age. If the order has been paid by credit card, then we may also ask you to show us the credit card for us to conduct our verification checks.
- 7.6 If there is no one or no appropriate person at the Delivery Address to receive the order or, if you are required to be present at the time of delivery and you are not present at that time, then we will not deliver the Products you have ordered. In this instance, we will endeavour to contact you or you may contact us to arrange for delivery at a different time, and we may charge you an additional Delivery Fee for that replacement delivery.
8. Risk and title
- 8.1 Risk and title to the Products passes to you on the date and time of delivery to the Delivery Address.
9. Cancelling an order
- 9.1 We may cancel any part of an order (including any orders that we have accepted) without any liability to you for that cancellation at any time if: the Products in that order are not available; or there is an error in the price or the product description posted on the Site for the Product in that order; or that we reasonably believe your order has been placed in breach of these terms and conditions.
- 9.2 If we do so, then we will endeavour to provide you with reasonable notice of that cancellation, and will not charge you for the cancelled order.
- 9.3 You may cancel an order (whether it is accepted by us or not) by contacting Customer Service during Contact Hours at any time prior to the dispatch of that order. Once the order has been dispatched for delivery to you, then you may return the relevant Products in accordance with these terms and conditions.
10. Fees and charges
- 10.1 We will charge you, and you agree to pay, the purchase price of each Product that is ordered, the delivery fee for your order that we notify to you when you place your order (“Delivery Fee”) and any other fees and charges set out in these terms and conditions.
- 10.2 All fees and charges identified in these terms and conditions and all prices for the Products include GST where applicable.
- 10.3 The purchase price of each Product is shown on the product list on the Site at the time you place your order.
- 10.4 Prices for Products change from time to time and we do not provide any notice of these changes. Subject to these terms and conditions (and in particular, our Back Order Policy), once we have accepted your order, we will not change any prices that apply to the Products in that order.
- 10.5 If you cancel an order then: we will refund any amounts paid by you for that cancelled order; we will not refund the Delivery Fees where the Products in your cancelled order have been dispatched for delivery. Refunds for delivered products become subject to our returns policy (Section 12).
11.1 You may pay the fees and charges for an accepted order using the following payment methods (note: the name that will appear on your credit card statement will be Kiwi Cylinder Heads Ltd):
- Credit Card (Visa or MasterCard);
- Direct Deposit as set out below.
- 11.2 If we are unable to successfully process your credit card payment for your order that is accepted by us, then we may cancel your order.
- 11.3 If you have chosen to use direct deposit to pay the fees and charges for the order that has been accepted by us, details of our account details will be provided in our checkout process regarding where and how the fees and charges need to be deposited.
- 11.4 Once you have deposited the amount for the fees and charges for your order, then you will then need to contact Customer Service to complete the payment process. We ask that you provide us with the details of the order, the date deposited, the amount deposited, the customer number and the email address of your account to enable us to apply the direct deposit to your order that we accept. If you wish to use this payment method, you must allow at least 48 hours for confirmation of your payment. If you do not deposit the relevant amount for your order into our nominated account within 5 business days of the date of the order, then we will contact you. If you notify us at that time that you have not deposited the relevant amount for your order, then we can at your request cancel the order or agree other arrangements. We may however, need to cancel your order if we cannot agree other arrangements.
- 11.5 If we have previously agreed that you are a business customer that may obtain Products from us on a deferred payment basis, then we will invoice you the fees and charges for the Products you have ordered. You must pay us the fees and charges in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- 11.6 If you choose to pay by credit card, you authorise us to debit the amount that is payable for an accepted order from your nominated credit card.
- 11.7 You must not pay, or attempt to pay, for Products through any fraudulent or unlawful means.
- 11.8 We will provide you with a receipt at time of delivery which specifies the total fees and charges for the Products in the order.
- 11.1 You may pay the fees and charges for an accepted order using the following payment methods (note: the name that will appear on your credit card statement will be Kiwi Cylinder Heads Ltd):
12. Damaged Products and returns
- 12.1 You must check any Product delivered to you to determine if it is damaged. If a Product is damaged on delivery, then you should refuse to take receipt of that Product. If you subsequently discover damage contact us through our Customer Service on 0800 549 429 to resolve the problem.
- 12.2 If you wish to return a Product that is not damaged and that was provided to you under these terms and conditions, then you may return that Product for a refund at the sole discretion of Kiwi Cylinder Heads.
- 12.3 You must provide us with a copy of the invoice we issued to you for your order to make a claim under this clause. If you fail to do so, then we may not provide you with a refund.
- 12.4 We will not refund the Delivery Fee where the Products have been delivered to you, unless you are returning the Product because it was damaged.
- 13.1 Subject to clause 13.3, we exclude all implied terms and warranties whether statutory or otherwise, relating to the Site or the subject matter of this agreement. You acknowledge that the Site is provided “as is” and that we do not make any warranty or representation as to the suitability of the Site or a Product for any purpose.
- 13.2 Subject to clause 13.3, we will not be liable to you for indirect and consequential loss (including without limitation for loss of revenue, loss of profits, failure to realise expected profits or savings and any other commercial or economic loss of any kind) or loss or corruption of data, in contract, tort, under any statute or otherwise (including negligence) arising from or connected to this agreement.
- 13.3 Where any law implies in this agreement any term, and that law voids or prohibits provisions which exclude or modify the operation of such term, then the term is taken to be included in this agreement. However, our liability for breach of such term will be, if permitted by law, limited to one of the following remedies (at our option): in the case of services: the resupply of the services; or the payment of the cost of resupply; and in the case of goods: the replacement of the goods, the supply of equivalent goods, the repair of the goods; the payment of the cost of replacing the goods (or of acquiring equivalent goods), or the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired.
- 13.4 Our liability to you for loss or damage of any kind arising out of this agreement or in connection with the relationship established by it is reduced to the extent (if any) that you cause or contribute to the loss or damage. This reduction applies whether our liability is in contract, tort (including negligence), under any statute or otherwise.
- 13.5 Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to limit or exclude any liability that cannot be excluded by law.
- 14.1 We may immediately suspend, terminate or limit your access to and use of the Site and (where relevant) your account if you breach these terms and conditions and: the breach cannot be remedied; or you fail to the remedy the breach within 10 days of our notice to you of that breach; or if there is an emergency.
- 14.2 We may stop making the Site (or any part of it) available without prior notice. If so, any orders that we have accepted will not be affected by this unless the Products that have been ordered are no longer available or we are prevented from supplying the Products, in which case, we will notify you and will refund to you all valid payments received by us for those Products.
15. Changes to these terms and conditions
- 15.1 For future orders, these terms may be different and so we recommend that you read these terms carefully each time you agree to them during the ordering process.
- 15.2 We will not change any terms and conditions for an existing order that has been accepted by us, the terms and conditions that will apply to the order, are the terms and conditions that applied at the time you placed your order.
- 16.1 We respect your privacy. We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993.
- 16.2 We will collect your personal information through your use of the Site or through your personal contact with us. In using www.cylinderheads.co.nz you agree for us to collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in ways we consider appropriate namely: for the purpose of and incidental to providing our products and services to you in a secure way. This includes
processing your registration application;
assessing your credit-worthiness;
undertaking any dealings or transactions with you;
processing and delivery of your order(s)
enforcing any legal or other rights we may have against you in any manner that we see fit; and
sending you any advertising or promotional material
uses and disclosures which we require to operate the Site; and with, to and from third parties who provide services to us in relation to online shopping. These may include mailing houses, call centres, gateway providers, delivery service providers and organisations that assist us to check for or prevent unauthorised or fraudulent transactions.for other purposes to which you consent to (either express or inferred consent).
- 16.3 We may transfer your personal information to others in countries outside New Zealand. We will only do this within the scope of clause 16.2.
- 16.4 You may access your personal information, by logging into your registered account or by contacting us. Any personal information supplied will be retained by us until such time as you remove it or request that the information be removed.
- 16.5 If sufficient personal information is not supplied, or is not satisfactory to us, then we reserve the right to refuse to accept the person’s application to register to use www.cylinderheads.co.nz
- 16.6 While we endeavour to keep your personal information collected secure and confidential, we shall not be responsible for any breach of security caused by third parties, nor do we represent that www.cylinderheads.co.nz is completely secure.
- 17.1 If the whole or any part of a provision of this agreement is void, unenforceable or illegal in a jurisdiction it is severed for that jurisdiction. The remainder of this agreement has full force and effect and the validity or enforceability of that provision in any other jurisdiction is not affected. This clause has no effect if the severance alters the basic nature of this agreement or is contrary to public policy.
- 17.2 The Site may contain links to external websites that are not operated by us or our related bodies corporate. These links are provided for your convenience only and we make no representations or warranties, or have any responsibility or liability for those websites; and these links do not indicate, expressly or impliedly, that we endorse the site or the products or services that are provided at those sites.
- 17.3 This agreement is governed by the laws of New Zealand. Each party submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that place.
Capitalised terms used are defined in these terms and conditions. In these terms:
- Contact Hours means 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday (Auckland Time).
- Delivery Address means the address specified by you during the customer registration process for the delivery of Products that we will supply to you under these terms and conditions.
- GST has the meaning it has in the Goods and Services Tax Act 1985.
- LoginID means the email address that you provided to us as part of the registration process to use the Site.
- Product means each good or service that is advertised on the Site.
- Capitalised terms used are defined in these terms and conditions. In these terms: